- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo 5 HH BFR 2019 Bass
Wild Cherry Burst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L55362 000001000 L55362000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Ernie Ball BFR Music Man Bongo 5 represents everything a modern five string bass should be: well balanced, comfortable, resonant and expressive w...Click To Read More About This Product
Huge, punchy humbucker tone with exquisite tonewoods.
The Ernie Ball BFR Music Man Bongo 5 represents everything a modern five string bass should be: well balanced, comfortable, resonant and expressive with effortless playability. This BFR limited edition features a translucent finish over an ash body (normally Bongos are opaque with basswood bodies).
Other BFR upgrades include a roasted, figured maple neck and fretboard with neck binding (normally Bongos have opaque finishes on the necks and don't feature exquisite woods). Of course it has a 4-band EQ, Neodymium pickups and 18V active preamp that deliver a powerful combination of unparalleled tonal diversity. Limited to just 57 pieces worldwide, the BFR Bongo 5 ships inside a nice hardshell case.
Ball Family Reserve is a celebration of their heritage in instrument craftsmanship, which features some of the finest figured tone woods and finishes available. These rare pieces are offered in limited production runs and allow Music Man to present instruments to the public that were previously reserved for family and loyal artists.
The Ball family is the last of a dying breed, a family business making premium guitars and basses on the California central coast since 1984. Sterling Ball, alongside his sons Brian and Scott, combine the laser precision of robotics and old-world hand craftsmanship to develop innovative instrument designs that push the boundaries of performance and playability.
- Trans Ash body
- Figured Flame Roasted Maple Neck with Flame Maple Fingerboard
- 24 High profile Frets
- Dual Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Chrome hardware with Matte Black controls
- Flame Figured Roasted Maple heastock
Experience the best from Music Man. Order today.
- Wood: Select figured roasted maple neck
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Bridge: Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Brand: Music Man
- Active preamp: Custom Music Man
- Material: Figured Roasted Maple
- Radius: 11"
- Fret size: High profile, wide
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Half-moons
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.5 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Ash
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, balance, 4-band EQ
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Music Man Chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: Yes
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.