- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 5 BFR 5-String Bass
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L55357 000001000 L55357000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Stingray 5 BFR 5-String Bass features a fully painted neck and headstock in the same custom finish as the body. The pickups are packed with ...Click To Read More About This Product
A classic with updated electronics and a very special finish.
The Stingray 5 BFR 5-String Bass features a fully painted neck and headstock in the same custom finish as the body. The pickups are packed with powerful neodymium magnets for increased output and a new 18-volt preamp for extra clean headroom without clipping.
Solid roadworthy construction, elegant pickguard, 4+1 tuning key configuration, and the ever popular Music Man humbucking pickup, all of which combined produce a look, feel and sound that is remarkably unmistakable. Limited to 87 worldwide, this special BFR StingRay ships in a nice hardshell case.
Ball Family Reserve is a celebration of their heritage in instrument craftsmanship, which features some of the finest figured tone woods and finishes available. These rare pieces are offered in limited production runs and allow Music Man to present instruments to the public that were previously reserved for family and loyal artists.
The Ball family is the last of a dying breed, a family business making premium guitars and basses on the California central coast since 1984. Sterling Ball, alongside his sons Brian and Scott, combine the laser precision of robotics and old-world hand craftsmanship to develop innovative instrument designs that push the boundaries of performance and playability.
- Ash Body
- Custom Sparkle Gingerburst Finish
- Fully Finished Body, Neck, and Headstock
- New Arm contour rounded for more comfort at different playing positions
- 5-Bolt contoured neck joint on body
- Figured Roasted Maple neck with 22 Stainless steel frets
Experience the best from Music Man. Order today.
- Wood: Select figured roasted maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: H
- Bridge: Humbucker with Neodymium magnets
- Brand: Music Man
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: 3-band active EQ with 18 volts of headroom, 3-way lever pickup selector
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 11"
- Fret size: High-profile, wide, stainless steel
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Block
- Nut material: Synthetic bone
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.5 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Ash
- Body finish: Gloss polyester
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, 3-band EQ
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Music Man vintage
- Tuning machines: Custom Music Man
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Roasted maple neck, high-headroom electronics, lighter-weight construction, special finish
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.