- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender American Elite Jazz Bass Maple Fingerboard
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J32679 000004000 J32679000004000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Packed to the gills with Fender's latest revolutionary innovations, the American Elite Jazz Bass is an active bass for the modern bassist who demands...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A top-shelf version of Fender's legendary classic with improved electronics.
Packed to the gills with Fender's latest revolutionary innovations, the American Elite Jazz Bass is an active bass for the modern bassist who demands cutting-edge tone technology along with timeless style and fast, smooth playing feel. Its versatile sound easily matches any playing style—picked, plucked or slap-and-pop—while its standout looks remain authentically Fender, with a fresh twist.
With the exclusive all-new fourth-generation Noiseless pickups they’ve achieved the sonic equivalent of cold fusion —vintage-style response with completely noise-free performance. These muscular pickups are fueled by a redesigned robust 18-volt preamp cranks up the power for even more signal quality for chest-thumping tone with more headroom and reduced noise. Designed for fast playing and effortless position changes, the compound profile neck with a 9.5”-14” compound radius fingerboard is ideal for all playing styles. A modern “C”-shape at the new genuine bone nut, the profile morphs along the length of the neck to a modern “D”-shaped profile at the updated neck heel, providing plenty of comfortable support for fret hand antics. Posiflex™ graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting temperature and humidity-induced warping. The HiMass™ Vintage bridge increases note attack and resonance for thunderous bass lines with colossal punch and boundless sustain while allowing either top-load or strings-thru-body stringing. In a vintage-inspired touch, the new truss rod adjustment wheel has been moved to the butt end of the neck for easier access, making neck relief adjustments a snap.
This bass is packed with Fender’s immortal aesthetics— from the ergonomic contours to the black chrome headstock logo, large pearloid fret markers and new color this instrument will pin the audience’s ears back with it’s gigantic tone and slick style. The American Elite Jazz Bass is a bold new bass for adventurous bassists who need a tonal multi-tool that refuses to compromise on any front. Includes a redesigned Elite Molded Case with body-hugging contours to provide increased protection for your cherished instrument and TSA locks.
- Shape: Modern "C" to "D"
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Yes
- Finish: Satin urethane
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: Not applicable
- Middle: 4th Generation Noiseless Single Coil
- Bridge: 4th Generation Noiseless Single Coil
- Brand: Fender
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: 18 V with Active 3-band EQ
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5"–14" compound
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Black blocks
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: Info not available
- Neck width at 12 fret: Info not available
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body finish: Gloss polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, pan pot, 3-band EQ, active/passive mini toggle
- Pickup switch: Yes
- Coil tap or split: Not appicable
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: Yes
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 4-Saddle HiMass vintage
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Fender "F" light-weight vintage-paddle keys with tapered shafts
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Elite molded
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.