- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Custom Shop 1964 Journeyman Relic Jazz Bass Left-Handed
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L13312 000001000 L13312000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 1964 Fender Jazz Bass is appreciated for its warm, engaging swing in the neck position and its throaty, present definition in the bridge position...Click To Read More About This Product
A wonderful recreation for left-handed players of Fender's classic bass.
The 1964 Fender Jazz Bass is appreciated for its warm, engaging swing in the neck position and its throaty, present definition in the bridge position. This 2018 NAMM Limited Edition Lefty 1964 Journeyman Relic Jazz Bass Electric Guitar is a faithful replication that captures both of those voices perfectly, and does so in an instrument that invokes the spirit of the innovators who first explored the potential vocabulary of the Jazz Bass, and even the mysteries of time itself.
The sculpted alder body, the nitrocellulose lacquer finish, the vintage bridge with ashtray pickup cover complete with the large "F" logo, all combine to create the extraordinary feel of this great bass guitar. The relic treatment adds the finishing touch in vaulting across the decades with this beautiful bass.
Additional details include the iconic neck pickup cover, the slender neck and comfortable "U" neck shape, a medium tinted quartersawn maple neck and round lam rosewood fretboard, and a four-ply tortoise pickguard. The electronics are likewise faithful to the original, with two full-size volume knobs and the smaller tone knob. It's a masterpiece, truly an elegant instrument. Includes hardshell case.
- Shape: '60 J-Bass Oval "U"
- Wood: Medium tinted quartersawn maple
- Neck joint: 4-Bolt
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Yes
- Finish: Journeyman Relic Lacquer
- Active or passive: Passive
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Handwound Vintage J-Bass single-coil
- Bridge: Handwound Vintage J-Bass single-coil
- Brand: Fender
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Material: Round lam rosewood
- Radius: 7.25 in.
- Fret size: Vintage style
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.5 in. (38.1 mm)
- Style: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Journeyman Relic Lacquer
- Orientation: Left-handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Vintage
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: 4-ply tortoise shell pickguard
- Special features: Left-handed model
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
- Country of origin: USA
Here's a rare chance to order a bass you'll treasure a lifetime.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.