- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Phil Lynott Precision Bass Masterbuilt by John Cruz
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L68422 000001000 L68422000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Few images in ‘70s rock are as stirring as Phil Lynott, bassist/vocalist of Thin Lizzy, wearing his aviator shades and hoisting his P Bass above the ...Click To Read More About This Product
A loving tribute to the Thin Lizzy bassist.
Few images in ‘70s rock are as stirring as Phil Lynott, bassist/vocalist of Thin Lizzy, wearing his aviator shades and hoisting his P Bass above the crowd. As individual as he was, this customized bass sported a Mirrored pickguard that became his signature aesthetic touch.
Master Builder John Cruz has painstakingly recreated this bass in precise detail, as only a Custom Shop Master Builder can. Not only is this limited-edition bass a true-to-the-era replica, Fender also threw some extra Lynott-inspired goodies into the custom Anvil road case for you.
To craft this instrument, Cruz began with a two-piece select ash body, added a lacquer finish to let the body breathe with more tonal resonance—and, of course, the custom pickguard and a hand-wound ’78 P Bass split-coil pickup.
The stable, rift-sawn maple neck has a lacquered headstock face. Along with an oil finish, giving it a fast feel that perfectly matched Lynott’s fleet-fingered style. The 9.5”-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard hosts 20 jumbo frets, while the body sports a Badass II high-mass bridge for extra sustain and punchy tone.
Other features include Dunlop strap locks, vintage- ‘70s-style tuning machines, bone nut and round string tree. Includes custom Anvil case, custom made leather strap and studded wristband, mirrored aviator sunglasses and Certificate of Authenticity.
Carry the flame. Order today.
- Body: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Rift Sawn Maple with a 1975 “U” Shape and 7.25” (184.1 mm) Radius
- Frets: 20, Jumbo
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Bad Ass II
- Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound ‘78 Single-Coil Precision Bass®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Included: Custom Anvil Case, Custom Made Leather Strap, Custom Made Studded Wrist Band, Custom Mirrored Aviation Sunglasses, Certificate of Authenticity.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.