- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Mustang PJ Bass Pau Ferro Fingerboard
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #K29653 000002000 K29653000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Since its original release in 1964, the Mustang Bass has been one of Fender’s most enduring bass designs, finding its way into the hands of bassists ...Click To Read More About This Product
Classic Fender tone in a comfortable, small-scale platform.
Since its original release in 1964, the Mustang Bass has been one of Fender’s most enduring bass designs, finding its way into the hands of bassists ranging from The Rolling Stones to My Chemical Romance. This updated version of the short-scale underground hero adds the power of our venerable P Bass and J Bass pickups to the traditional Mustang design for flexible, thunderous bass tone with smooth playing feel and slick visual style.
Powered by a time-tested pair of pickups, the Mustang Bass PJ is packed with flexible tone that can match any sonic requirement. A punchy split single-coil P Bass middle pickup is joined by a growling Jazz Bass neck pickup in an unbeatable pairing that combines the best of both sonic worlds. Master volume and tone controls, along with a conventional three-way pickup switch get you to all available sounds. Not only is the 30” scale more comfortable for smaller hands, it reduces string tension, creating a looser playing feel that lends itself to nimble playing styles while adding a fat, “blooming” quality to the lower notes and sweetening the higher notes. Topped by a 9.5”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 19 medium jumbo frets, the “C”-shaped maple neck is comfortable for all playing styles.
This bass’ smaller body easily fits those with smaller frames while maintaining Fender’s classic stylistic appeal, and is also great for energetic stage performances thanks to its light weight. In a nod to its roots, this modernized instrument includes vintage-style Fender tuning machines and a vintage-style disc string tree, along with a four-bolt neck plate and standard four-saddle bridge—all finished in gleaming chrome. A classic instrument, upgraded with features for the modern bassist, the short-scale Mustang Bass PJ is sure to please with its flexible sound, easy playing feel and slick style.
Call or click to order today!
- Shape: C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 30 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin polyurethane
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Middle: Vintage-Style Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Bridge: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Brand: Fender
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: No
- Material: Pau ferro
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 19
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Synthetic bone
- Nut width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, master tone
- Pickup switch: Yes
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 4-Saddle standard
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Mexico
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.