- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fodera Guitars Monarch 4 Standard Fretless Electric Bass
Clear Satin Finish
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L69275 000001000 L69275000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Fodera Monarch 4 Standard Fretless Electric Bass blends the aesthetics, tone, playability and pro-player reliability bass players have come ...Click To Read More About This Product
Pro-player designed and Brooklyn built.
The Fodera Monarch 4 Standard Fretless Electric Bass blends the aesthetics, tone, playability and pro-player reliability bass players have come to expect from Fodera. Based on their acclaimed Monarch Standard, the Monarch Standard Fretless bass guitar features a unique tone-wood combination that delivers an incredibly rich, organic, and nuanced tone.
The walnut body provides a warm yet punchy sound that supports low frequencies very well and has a slightly compressed midrange. Fodera then matched it with a hand carved, 1-piece red oak neck and a lined ebony fingerboard that results is a warm and smooth, yet beautifully articulate fretless tone. Red oak, being a strong but fairly porous wood, has many tiny air pockets that act as “resonating chambers,” enhancing the “growl” of the instrument.
The Monarch Standard Fretless features a set of Fodera/Duncan dual-coil pickups and the Fodera/Pope Standard Preamp with 3-band EQ. Designed in collaboration with Seymour Duncan, these passive Dual Coil pickups were designed to provide a punchy and focused tone with a natural and smooth upper midrange. Compared to an active soapbar style pickup, the tone is warmer and more organic. Wired in parallel, these pickups offer a noise-free single coil sound with added body and weight yet come with the added flexibility of full single-coil operation providing the snap, warmth, and mid-range punch of classic single-coil Jazz Bass pickups.
Designed for optimal performance, the 3-band Fodera/Pope preamp offers an incredibly low noise flow, a very musical sounding EQ, and active/passive operation for the utmost reliability and flexibility whether you’re on stage or in the studio. Together, these electronics let you tailor your tone, from deep and round to bright and punchy and everything in between.
Every Monarch Standard bass guitar is hand-crafted right here in their Brooklyn, New York shop alongside the custom instruments by the very same people, using the same tools and materials as the Custom basses.
Grab this exquisite bass. Order today.
- Walnut Body
- 1-pc Red Oak Neck/ Ebony FB
- Figured Walnut Top
- Fodera / Duncan Dual Coil Pickups
- Fodera / Pope 3-Band Standard Preamp
- 34-Inch Scale, 24 Large Frets, 19.0mm Spacing
- Black Fodera 19.0mm Standard Bridge
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.