- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Thunderbird Bass
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L54593 000001000 L54593000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This Thunderbird electric bass guitar has the classic reverse body and headstock design Gibson originally introduced in 1963 on their first neck-thro...Click To Read More About This Product
Old-school body and neck design from the '60s creates exceptional punch and sustain.
This Thunderbird electric bass guitar has the classic reverse body and headstock design Gibson originally introduced in 1963 on their first neck-through-body bass design. The traditional 9-ply mahogany/walnut neck-through body construction provides a thundering low-end response and a piano like sustain. The narrow nut width and rounded neck profile neck feel both fast and intuitive. The Thunderbird's high-output, ceramic magnet loaded humbucking pickups (neck and bridge) deliver the sonic and iconic low-end voice for which the Thunderbird is known.
Choose from two classic finishes: Tobacco Burst and Ebony.
Enjoy some classic bass flavor with your new Thunderbird. Order now.
- 9-ply mahogany/walnut neck
- Rounded neck profile
- 1.5" nut width
- Rosewood fingerboard
- 34" scale length
- 20 frets
- Graph Tech nut
- Acrylic dot inlays
- 3-point adjustable bridge
- Black tophats with silver inserts
- Grover bass key tuners
- Neck pickup: Rhythm T-Bird
- Bridge pickup: Lead T-Bird
- Controls: 2 volume,1 master tone
- Case included
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.