- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow Electric Bass Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J04451 000001000 J04451000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
When Leo Fender launched the G&L L-2000 bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide rang...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Awesome full sound from this classically styled, semi-hollowbody.
When Leo Fender launched the G&L L-2000 bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide range of tones come from a single bass, and throughout its evolution the iconic L-2000 has continued to win the hearts of bassists of every style and musical taste. Once the ASAT guitar came around in '86, it didn't take long for Leo to apply this body shape to a bass. The ASAT Bass is essentially an L-2000 packed into an ASAT body shape, with a narrower 1-1/2" nut width to help balance the instrument. The result is one the coolest looking basses ever to come from Leo Fender, with all the power and flexibility of an L-2000. Tom Hamilton of Aerosmith has been a fan of ASAT Basses since the '90s and now has his own ASAT Bass Tom Hamilton signature model.
The foundation of the ASAT Bass is a pair of G&L Magnetic Field Design humbuckers backed by the flexible Tri-Tone control system, providing the sort of versatility that'll let you find your tone no matter what kind of bass line you're laying down. The Tri-Tone system features a trio of mini toggles for pickup selection, series/parallel signal routing and active/passive operation, as well as a trio of knobs for volume, treble and bass. With all that under the hood, Leo gave the ASAT Bass the kind of chops that'll fit in any situation, from classic R&B to power-packed rock to poppin' funk. What's more, the ASAT Bass features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. On the other end is a comfortable, C-shaped neck checking in with a modern 12" radius and 21 Plek-processed medium-jumbo nickel frets ready to deliver silky playability.
The ASAT Bass Semi-Hollow takes all this goodness and adds another twist: a semi-hollow Swamp Ash body. The MFD humbuckers have always been known for their detailed articulation, and the semi-hollow body adds even more air around notes while softening a little of the attack transient.
Made in Leo Fender's historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the ASAT Bass Semi-Hollow is available with a wide range of custom options including body and neck woods, body and neck finishes, and neck profiles.
- PICKUPS: Two G&L Magnetic Field Design (MFD) humbucking pickups
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash
- NECK WOOD: Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L #8 with 12" radius and 1-1/2" nut-width
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo; processed by
- PLEKTUNING KEYS: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- ELECTRONICS: Tri-Tone system with 3-position pickup selector, series/parallel switch, 3-position pre-amp mode switch, volume, treble, bass
- CASE: Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case
Pick one up today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.