- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
G&L CLF Research L-1000 Electric Bass Caribbean Rosewood Fingerboard
Old School Tobacco
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L36939 000001000 L36939000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The CLF Research L-1000 brings back the best of the iconic passive G&L bass from 1980. Fans of the vintage G&L “wunkay” know.It's that rounde...Click To Read More About This Product
Classic Leo style with modern versatility.
The CLF Research L-1000 brings back the best of the iconic passive G&L bass from 1980. Fans of the vintage G&L “wunkay” know.
It's that rounded, fast shape of the neck combined with the slick feel of an old gloss finish. It's the clean, modern aesthetic of the original CLF/G&L headstock.
It's the tactile delight of those beautiful CLF Research knobs shimmering from an elegant chrome control plate. And of course, there's the legendary punch of the L-1000's MFD humbucker in OMG mode.
Now take all that goodness and pack it into the slimmer mid-90s L-Series body shape for added comfort and lower weight, and you can make it through that 3 hour gig with tone and style to spare.
And when you're on the road, you can count on the neck to be more stable than those beloved vintage wunkays, with a modern dual-action truss rod and twin graphite stiffening rods. Add it all up and you've got the best of the vintage CLF vibe with the best of modern G&L elements.
In the late 1970s, Clarence Leo Fender† was looking forward to launching his new G&L brand featuring his latest innovations including Magnetic Field Design pickups and the Saddle Lock bridge. Leo developed these technologies at his CLF Research company, and production of the new G&L instruments took place in the CLF Research factory on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, where G&L production continues today.
The CLF Research L-1000 is a fully modern “wunkay” that pays homage to its roots with classic details including the early CLF/G&L headstock and neck profile, beautifully reproduced CLF knobs and control plate, and red-capped mini toggle switch.
Thin urethane finish choices are:
Pharaoh Gold Firemist over basswood with Caribbean rosewood fingerboard
Old School Tobacco Sunburst over Okoume with Caribbean rosewood fingerboard
Get back to the best. Order today.
- Shape: Slim C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: H
- Middle: Magnetic Field humbucking pickup
- Brand: G&L
- Series or parallel: Switchable
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: 2-band EQ
- Material: Caribbean Rosewood
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.625 in. (41.3 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Basswood or Okoume, dependent on finish
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, 2-band EQ
- Pickup switch: 3-Way 3-position mini toggle for parallel/split/OMG pickup modes
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- Tuning machines: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.