Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
G&L CLF Research L-1000 Electric Bass Caribbean Rosewood Fingerboard Old School Tobaccotrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: Old School Tobacco
G&L CLF Research L-1000 Electric Bass Caribbean Rosewood Fingerboard Old School Tobacco$1,699.99
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Classic Leo style with modern versatility.
It's that rounded, fast shape of the neck combined with the slick feel of an old gloss finish. It's the clean, modern aesthetic of the original CLF/G&L headstock.
It's the tactile delight of those beautiful CLF Research knobs shimmering from an elegant chrome control plate. And of course, there's the legendary punch of the L-1000's MFD humbucker in OMG mode.
Now take all that goodness and pack it into the slimmer mid-90s L-Series body shape for added comfort and lower weight, and you can make it through that 3 hour gig with tone and style to spare.
And when you're on the road, you can count on the neck to be more stable than those beloved vintage wunkays, with a modern dual-action truss rod and twin graphite stiffening rods. Add it all up and you've got the best of the vintage CLF vibe with the best of modern G&L elements.
In the late 1970s, Clarence Leo Fender† was looking forward to launching his new G&L brand featuring his latest innovations including Magnetic Field Design pickups and the Saddle Lock bridge. Leo developed these technologies at his CLF Research company, and production of the new G&L instruments took place in the CLF Research factory on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, where G&L production continues today.
The CLF Research L-1000 is a fully modern “wunkay” that pays homage to its roots with classic details including the early CLF/G&L headstock and neck profile, beautifully reproduced CLF knobs and control plate, and red-capped mini toggle switch.
Thin urethane finish choices are:
Pharaoh Gold Firemist over basswood with Caribbean rosewood fingerboard
Old School Tobacco Sunburst over Okoume with Caribbean rosewood fingerboard
Get back to the best. Order today.
CLF Research L-1000 Electric Bass Caribbean Rosewood Fingerboard Specifications:Neck
- Shape: Slim C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: H
- Middle: Magnetic Field humbucking pickup
- Brand: G&L
- Series or parallel: Switchable
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: 2-band EQ
- Material: Caribbean Rosewood
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.625 in. (41.3 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Basswood or Okoume, dependent on finish
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, 2-band EQ
- Pickup switch: 3-Way 3-position mini toggle for parallel/split/OMG pickup modes
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- Tuning machines: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: USA
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.