- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
G&L Tribute JB Electric Bass Maple Fingerboard
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L27719 000001000 L27719000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Players fond of the old adage “if it ain’t broke…” haven’t played a JB. The G&L JB is all about refinement, blending “holy grail” Alnico single-c...Click To Read More About This Product
Classic tone with modern improvements.
Players fond of the old adage “if it ain’t broke…” haven’t played a JB. The G&L JB is all about refinement, blending “holy grail” Alnico single-coil tone with modern improvements and superb craftsmanship.
The JB’s classic Alnico V pickups have tone reminiscent of the best examples from the early ‘60s, thanks to the work of Paul Gagon, G&L VP Engineering. Gagon found his inspiration reviewing original prints stored in Leo Fender’s private laboratory at G&L, but that was just the start.
More than three decades ago, Gagon was an R&D engineer at another company when he was tasked with finding out what was so special about the early bolt-on basses many players raved about. Gagon tirelessly analyzed many examples of what were considered “holy grail” basses, spending time out on the shop floor talking to builders still working in the pickup department since the ‘50s, all on a quest to discover where the real mojo was – and wasn’t.
What he learned from the builders matched his own engineering analysis. Back in the day, the actual spec of pickups coming down that old production line varied considerably. That meant coming up with the right specs was more challenging than simply following the prints, and Gagon’s persistence paid off as the JB serves up delicious, classic tone.
This JB projects a time-honored yet subtly progressive vibe, embracing the past yet unafraid of moving forward. The slim, hard-rock maple neck features a classic gloss finish, while its comfortable 9.5″ radius and medium-jumbo nickel frets deliver silky playability. What’s more, the JB features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. Case sold separately.
- Swamp ash body with bolt-on rock maple neck
- Maple fingerboard with 9.5" radius
- Dual Alnico single coil pickups for authentic tone
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock bridge, open-gear tuners
Get the sound you've always wanted. Order today.
- Shape: C
- Wood: Rock maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Middle: Alnico single coil
- Bridge: Alnico single coil
- Brand: G&L
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: No
- Special electronics: None
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Synthetic bone
- Nut width: 1.5 in. (38.1 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Ash
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.