- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
G&L Tribute SB2 Electric Bass Maple Fingerboard
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L27744 000001000 L27744000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
When Leo Fender launched the G&L SB-2 bass in 1982, he packed his latest innovations in pickup and bridge design into a straightforward, hard-working...Click To Read More About This Product
A straightforward, hard-working bass.
When Leo Fender launched the G&L SB-2 bass in 1982, he packed his latest innovations in pickup and bridge design into a straightforward, hard-working bass. If you prefer a less-is-more aesthetic but hunger for something meatier, the SB-2 is just the ticket.
The SB-2 starts with a familiar shape, though subtle modifications to its sculpting make it more sleek and balanced. Strap it on and it immediately feels at home, yet somehow more comfortable than you expected. The slim, C-shaped neck falls immediately to hand, checking in with a modern 12″ radius and its 22 medium-jumbo nickel frets ready to deliver silky playability.
Once the SB-2 has nestled into your comfort zone, it’s time to experience how far Leo evolved the classic duo of split-coil and single coil pickups. These Magnetic Field Design interpretations were created by Leo to give you more gusto without losing detail and finesse.
A simple dual-volume control setup allows you to strike any balance between the two, even backing off both volumes to dial in a more vintage flavor. What’s more, the SB-2 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
The Tribute Series SB-2 brings the magic of Leo’s own reinterpretation of the P/J configuration, all at a price attainable for every working musician. Case sold separately.
- Mahogany body with bolt-on rock maple neck
- Maple fingerboard with 12" radius
- Magnetic Field Design single-coil pickups for authentic tones
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock bridge, open-gear tuners
Get the sound you've always wanted. Order today.
- Shape: C
- Wood: Rock maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Middle: Magnetic Field Design
- Bridge: Magnetic Field Design
- Brand: G&L
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Synthetic bone
- Nut width: 1.5 in. (38.1 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Dual volume
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.