- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Hagstrom Retroscape H8 Reissue 8-String Electric Bass Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #K36733 000003000 K36733000003000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Hagstrom’s US distributor brought the idea of an 8-string bass to them in 1967. At that time, the only other company producing an 8-string bass was R...Click To Read More About This Product
A beautiful re-creation of a classic, complex instrument.
Hagstrom’s US distributor brought the idea of an 8-string bass to them in 1967. At that time, the only other company producing an 8-string bass was Rickenbacker, but these were custom-order instruments; thus, Hagstrom became the first manufacturer to serial produce an 8-string bass, bringing this unique instrument to a much wider audience.
Before too long bassist Noel Redding of the Jimi Hendrix Experience discovered it, and its unique sound can be heard on the The Jimi Hendrix Experience album “Axis: Bold as Love” (check out the track “Spanish Castle Magic” where the H8 really shines). In fact, Jimi Hendrix himself was a fan of the instrument and used it in various sessions over a period of several years; he owned the sixth H8 ever produced. Motörhead’s Lemmy Kilmister also showed up from time-to-time playing an H8.
Hagstrom went to great lengths to ensure that our H8II is a faithful re-creation of this historic instrument in its legacy.
A double cutaway mahogany body is bolted to a Canadian Maple neck supported with Hagstrom’s H-Expander truss-rod. The H8II features a short 30.75 in. (781mm) scale length with a dot-inlaid Resinator fingerboard.
Pickups are Hagstrom’s DynaRail Humbuckers with an additional coil-split feature activated by a push/pull switch built into the volume control.
Call or click to order today!
- Shape: Info not available
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 30.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Info not available
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: DynaRail Humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: DynaRail Humbucker
- Brand: Info not available
- Series or parallel: Info not available
- Active preamp: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Not applicable
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: Info not available
- Fret size: Info not available
- Number of frets: Info not available
- Inlays: Not applicable
- Nut material: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.5 mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret: Info not available
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body finish: Info not available
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Info not available
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: Yes
- Special switching: Yes
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Standard
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 8
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: Info not available
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.