- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Hagstrom Super Swede 4-String Electric Bass Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #K36728 000001000 K36728000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
One of Hagstrom’s last projects before its Swedish production stopped was a collaboration between the chief guitar designer Per-Åke Olsson and Rutger...Click To Read More About This Product
Get your hands on this faithful re-creation of a limited-edition classic.
One of Hagstrom’s last projects before its Swedish production stopped was a collaboration between the chief guitar designer Per-Åke Olsson and Rutger Gunnarsson, bassist for the Swedish super-group ABBA. This resulted in the Super Swede Bass, which was used by Rutger throughout ABBA’s final North American tour in 1980. Only 364 of these basses were produced before Hagstrom ceased guitar production in Sweden, and over the years they’ve become a sought-after collector’s item.
Hagstrom’s original Super Swede bass had a neck-through design, a feature found typically on more expensive hand-crafted bass guitars. Neck-through basses offer unrestricted access to the highest frets since there is no heel needed to support the neck/body joint, and also tend to have more sustain than traditional set-neck or bolt-on instruments.
The company's new Super Swede Bass is an authentic re-creation of this historic model from 1980. A Resinator fingerboard enhances the sustain of the neck-through design and contributes to the guitars articulate attack. Strings are anchored in place with individual saddles coupled directly to the single massive neck structure providing a foundation for long, piano-like sustain.
Hagstrom’s J-Quad quad-stacked humbuckers are introduced with the Super Swede Bass. The designers thought it appropriate to commemorate this historic design with our latest pickup innovation. The J-Quads combine low-noise performance with a broad support of the full tonal spectrum, and just a little extra emphasis on mids and lows for when that extra “growl” is needed.
Call or click to order today!
- Shape: Info not available
- Wood: Mahogany
- Neck joint: Neck through
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: Humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Humbucker
- Brand: Lundgren
- Series or parallel: Info not available
- Active preamp: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Not applicable
- Material: Resinator
- Radius: Info not available
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Block
- Nut material: GraphTech Black Tusq
- Nut width: 1.57 in. (40mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret: Info not available
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Ash
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body finish: Info not available
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Standard
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: Info not available
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.