- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Hofner Vintage '62 Violin Electric Bass Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J05981 000000000 J05981000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Hofner 500/1 violin bass was designed by Walter Hofner and launched at the Frankfurt Music Messe in 1956. It has since gone on to become one of t...Click To Read More About This Product
A special design inspired by the legend himself, Paul McCartney.
The Hofner 500/1 violin bass was designed by Walter Hofner and launched at the Frankfurt Music Messe in 1956. It has since gone on to become one of the most recognizable electric bass guitars in the music world in terms of both looks and sound.
This special version was inspired by a bass made in August 1963 for Paul McCartney. It has a fully hollow body and original Hofner slim neck profile for added sustain and playability. Also available in left-handed (L) version.
Includes a Hofner Vintage strap and Hofner case.
- Body Shape: Violin Bass
- Wood Top: Spruce
- Wood Back: Flame Maple
- Wood Sides: Flame Maple
- Binding Top: Black / White / Black
- Binding Back: Black / White / Black
- Binding Sides: White
- Neck Wood: Flame Maple
- Construction: Two Piece
- Headstock Shape: Hofner Violin Bass
- Logo and Artwork: Script
- Neck Joint: Violin Bass Set Neck, Joint At 16th Fret
- Thickness Neck + FB At 1st: Fret 21mm
- Thickness Neck + FB At 12th: Fret 24mm
- Heel Cap: White Pearl
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Scale: 30" / 76cm
- Nut Width: 42mm
- Width At 12th Fret: 48mm
- Inlays: Pearl Dots
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Type: Hofner Fretted
- Finish Top: Sunburst
- Body: Sunburst
- Neck: Sunburst
- Tuners: Strip Nickel
- Tuner Buttons: Plastic
- Tailpiece: Hofner Trapeze Nickel
- Nut Material: Plastic
- Pickguard: White Pearl
- Pickup Neck: Hofner Staple Nickel
- Pickup Bridge: Hofner Staple Nickel
- Potentiometer Knobs: Gold top
- Electrics: Hofner Pearl Panel
- Strings: Hofner Flat Wound
Get yours today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.