- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez Bass Workshop 33 Scale BTB845V 5-String Electric Bass
Antique Brown Stained Low Gloss
- Write a Review
- #K76842 000001000 K76842000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The mission of the Ibanez Bass Workshop is to pioneer new frontiers in bass development by pushing the boundaries of conventional designs. The impetu...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The Ibanez Bass Workshop BTB845V 5-String Electric Bass features E to C tuning, 33" scale length, Bartolini BH2 pickups, and the Ibanez 3-band EQ with a mid-frequency selector.
The mission of the Ibanez Bass Workshop is to pioneer new frontiers in bass development by pushing the boundaries of conventional designs. The impetus behind each one of these unique instruments comes from the desire of the Ibanez bass development group to satisfy the specific needs of a very particular player and to hopefully inspire new vistas of creativity.
Designed for players looking to explore the upper region of the fretboard, the BTB845V is a 5-string bass tuned from E to C. Excellent for playing chords and soloing up by a 33” scale neck. This 5-piece Maple/Walnut “Medium Scale” neck helps to create the proper tension and tonal quality for the C string without compromising the deep tone of the E string. It also facilitates faster playing and easier chording.
Another innovative feature of the BTB33 is the inclusion of a height adjustable Poplar burl Finger Ramp. The ramp prevents players from digging in too hard when plucking finger-style and encourages a lighter playing technique, which helps promote a broader dynamic range and better tone. It also acts as a thumb rest that provides access to a wider plucking area, allowing players to explore more tonal options by varying the distance of their hand from the bridge.
The BTB33 includes a Mahogany with an Poplar/Ash top, the neck sports a Jatoba fingerboard with Abalone inlays, and the Mono-Rail VS bridge provides optimum adjustment for superior intonation. Electronics feature the excellent tone of Bartolini BH2 pickups, through an Ibanez 3-band EQ with a mid-frequency selector switch for advanced tone control.
- Mahogany body, figured Poplar/Ash top, Poplar burl Finger Ramp
- 5-piece neck-through Maple/Walnut "Medium Scale" neck, Jatoba fretboard, medium frets
- Bartolini BH2 dual-coil pickups, 3-band EQ w/EQ bypass switch, and 3-way mid-frequency switch
- Black matte hardware, Mono-Rail VS bridge
The unique Ibanez BTB845V 5-String Electric Bass features a 33” scale neck and E to C tuning - perfect for your soloing and chords. Order today.
- Neck: Multi Scale 5-piece Maple/Walnut
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Neck-through
- Scale length: 33"
- Truss rod: Info not available
- Finish: Low Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: BH1
- Bridge: BH1
- Brand: Bartolini
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Custom Ibanez
- Special electronics: 3-band EQ
- Material: Jatoba
- Radius: 400mm
- Fret size: Medium Stainless Steel
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Abalone
- Nut material: Graph Tech Black Tusq XL
- Nut width: 45mm
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Poplar/Ash
- Body finish: Low Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout:
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ & Mid-frequency switch
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Mono-Rail VS
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines:
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Not applicable
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Japan
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.