- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez Bass Workshop Multi Scale SRMS805 5-String Electric Bass
Brown Topaz Burst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #K76909 000002000 K76909000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
If you crave a new bass to enrich your creative palette, the Ibanez Bass Workshop may have already built your next instrument. This new group of prod...Click To Read More About This Product
Amazing versatility of sound with improved string tension and intonation.
If you crave a new bass to enrich your creative palette, the Ibanez Bass Workshop may have already built your next instrument. This new group of products focuses on combining unusual concepts with the bass-building virtuosity, on which Ibanez has built its reputation.
The SRMS series feature a gloss finish over a beautifully figured Poplar Burl top and the new “MR5S” bridge. The Mahogany body delivers a warm tone with rich resonance. The principal feature of the new bridge is the saddles can be adjusted for various string spacing. The bridge was developed in an effort to meet the needs of various players who enjoy different string spacing. The saddles can be easily adjusted to widen or tighten the string spacing by +/-1.5mm. Also, the saddles of MR5S are individually affixed to the body for maximum vibration transfer without interference.
With their multi-scale design, the SRMS800 series basses produce a strong consistent tone on open strings, provide excellent intonation and are very comfortable to play. Multi-scale designs are also great for those seeking a focused and powerful Low-B sound. The ergonomic construction facilitates a quick and smooth playing action while the thin, sturdy, and stable Jatoba/Walnut neck offers superior playability and a fast tight response.
The truss rod adjustment at the neck pocket allows you to easily fine-tune the neck without loosening the strings. The Ibanez Custom 3-band electronics and 3-way mid-frequency switch allow for precise tonal control with EQ points at 250 Hz, 450 Hz, and 700 Hz. When the preamp is bypassed, the treble-tone control knob acts as a passive tone control. The Bartolini BH2 dual-coil pickups, with their lower resonant frequency, provide a balanced warm response, tighter bottom end, and a fuller midrange.
- Mahogany body, figured Poplar Burl top
- 5-piece Jatoba/Walnut neck, Panga panga fretboard, medium frets and custom fanned inlays
- Bartolini BH2 dual-coil pickups, 3-band EQ w/EQ bypass switch, and 3-way mid-frequency switch
- Gotoh machine heads, new “MR5S” bridge
Grab this affordable 5-String Multi-Scale Bass. Order today.
- Neck: Multi Scale 5-piece Jatoba/Walnut neck
- Wood: Jatoba/Walnut
- Neck joint: Neck-through
- Scale length: 35.5 - 34"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Low Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: BH2
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: BH2
- Brand: Bartolini
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Custom Ibanez
- Special electronics: 3-band EQ
- Material: Panga Panga
- Radius: 305mm
- Fret size: Medium Stainless Steel
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Block
- Nut material: Not specified
- Nut width: 45mm
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Poplar burl
- Body finish: Low Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: volume, blend, 3-band EQ with bypass and 3-way mid frequency switch
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: Bypassable active EQ
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Mono-rail V
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die cast
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Multi-scale neck
- Case: sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.