- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez Premium BTB1905SM 5-String Electric Bass
Surreal Black Burst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L72437 000001000 L72437000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The BTB1905SM is part of the Premium BTB line, featuring Solid Spalted Maple top & back. The African Mahogany body features a superior tonal clar...Click To Read More About This Product
Premium tonewoods, active electronics and precision hardware.
The BTB1905SM is part of the Premium BTB line, featuring Solid Spalted Maple top & back.
The African Mahogany body features a superior tonal clarity and sound, while the Spalted Maple top & back bring a clear attack. The sleek body has a curved bevel that helps create a more elegant feel. The stainless frets are for high durability and bright tone, and it features a zero fret for accurate intonation and minimal string height. The zero fret also helps open string sounds to be the same as other frets.
The MR5S bridge allows for a wide intonation adjustment range, and each isolated bridge is securely locked down to the body for maximum vibration transfer without interference. The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ, EQ bypass switch, and 3-way mid frequency switch allow for precise tonal control (250 Hz, 450 Hz, and 700 Hz). When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble-tone control knob works as a passive tone control for the instrument’s output.
The Aguilar DCB pickups provide well-developed overtones, singing sustain in the body, and note decay. The dual ceramic bar magnets equipped in the pickups provide a dynamic and responsive attack. The combination of the EQ and the Aguilar pickups promises superior tonal possibilities for any playing situation. D’Addario NYXL strings are installed, featuring a dynamic range and harmonic response. The deep cutaway of the lower horn allows effortless access to higher frets.
The 18th fret neck joint of the upper horn provides tonal sustain and neck stability. The BTB’s 35-inch through-neck is constructed with 7 pc of Panga Panga and Purpleheart and features 2 Graphite rods inside the neck for added stability. Moreover, the neck end adjustment allows you to adjust the neck easily. The extended scale length helps create a clear sound and sufficient string tension for the lower strings while adding ringing sustain to the upper strings.
Other features include a Premium fret edge treatment, secure high-tech Neutrik locking output jack, and Gotoh machine heads. A gig bag is included.
Trust Ibanez to make a great bass. Order today.
- BTB5 7-piece Panga Panga/Purpleheart neck-through with Graphite reinforcement rods
- 889mm/35" scale
- Spalted Maple top/African Mahogany wing/ Spalted Maple back body
- Bound Panga Panga fretboard w/Abalone off-set dot inlay
- Medium Stainless Steel frets with Premium fret edge treatment
- Aguilar DCB neck pickup
- Aguilar DCB bridge pickup
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
- 3-way Mid frequency switch
- MR5S bridge (19mm string spacing)
- Gold hardware
- Gig bag included
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.