- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Jackson CBX V David Ellefson Signature Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- Product J31110
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Designed in conjunction with one of the founding fathers of thrash metal—highly acclaimed bassist David Ellefson of Megadeth—the 5-string David Ellef...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A fast-playing 5-string designed by Megadeth's, David Ellefson.
Designed in conjunction with one of the founding fathers of thrash metal—highly acclaimed bassist David Ellefson of Megadeth—the 5-string David Ellefson CBX V QS is a beast of a bass. Bearing his personal touches, packed with enormous Jackson sound and the hyper-fast playability required by the fleet-fingered bassist, this instrument is a force to be reckoned with.
Redesigned ergonomic contours provide the perfect platform for launching a musical assault—the upper contour provides a comfortably stable anchor for pick or fingerstyle playing alike while the lower contour provides perfect balance when propped on a knee for monitor stands. The Jackson HiMass™ 5-string bridge sharpens your notes’ attack for extra punch and clarity, granting enhanced sustain without significantly altering the bass’ fundamental tone. An earth-shaking pair of EMG® HZ40 active humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions provide plenty of girth and cut as an active 3-band EQ bolsters their native power, shaping and refining it for maximum impact and versatility. The blend knob allows you to mix the pickups to your taste—add more neck pickup for a touch of warmth, or bring up the bridge pickup for more cut. Designed for highly technical lightspeed playing, the 12”-16” compound radius rosewood fingerboard flattens out as you move up the neck for increased playing comfort and speedy articulation.
This bass proudly displays Jackson’s distinctive style; all-black hardware, including everything from the bridge to the Jackson die-cast sealed tuning machines, durable gloss finish, pearloid sharkfin neck inlays, single ply white neck binding and Jackson’s signature pointed 5-In-Line headstock along with a silver “Fallout” logo and Ellefson’s signature embossed on the truss rod cover. Only one instrument is hardcore enough to keep pace with Ellefson’s technically demanding requirements—the Jackson David Ellefson CBX V QS—and now it can be yours.
- Shape: Speed neck
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Yes
- Finish: Satin polyester
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: EMG HZ40N
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: EMG HZ40B
- Brand: EMG
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: 3-Band EQ
- Special electronics: Not applicable
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Pearloid sharkfin
- Nut material: Plastic
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret: Info not available
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Basswood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body finish: Info not available
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, blend and active 3-band EQ
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: Not applicable
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Jackson high mass
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Jackson sealed die-cast
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: Info not available
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.