- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
JB Electric Bass Guitar
Condition 2 - Blemished 3-Color Sunburst 190839753632
- J04447 005001002 J04447005001002
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The G&L JB basses invoke the elegance and practical functionality of one of Leo Fender's early bass designs. The fluid lines of the body, the nec...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) The voice of a generation revoiced.
The G&L JB basses invoke the elegance and practical functionality of one of Leo Fender's early bass designs. The fluid lines of the body, the neck taper, the electronics should all be familiar to the serious bassist. It i9s a contemporary state-of-the-art articulation of some of the best ideas in the history of electric bass manufacturing.
The JB's classic Alnico V pickups have tone reminiscent of the best examples from the early ˜60s, thanks to the work of Paul Gagon, G&L VP Engineering. Gagon found his inspiration reviewing original prints stored in Leo Fender's private laboratory at G&L, but that was just the start.
About 30 years ago, Gagon was an R&D engineer at another company when he was tasked with finding out what was so special about the early bolt-on basses many players raved about. Gagon tirelessly analyzed many examples of what were considered "holy grail" basses, spending time out on the shop floor talking to builders still working in the pickup department since the ˜50s, all on a quest to discover where the real mojo was - and wasn't. What he learned from the builders matched his own engineering analysis. You see, back in the day, the actual spec of pickups coming that down that old production line varied considerably. That meant coming up with the right specs was more challenging than simply following the prints, and Gagon's persistence paid off as the JB serves up delicious, classic tone.
This JB projects a time-honored yet subtly progressive vibe, embracing the past yet unafraid of moving forward. The slim, hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, while its contemporary 12" radius and Plek-dressed medium-jumbo nickel frets deliver silky playability. What's more, the JB features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. The moment you open the deluxe Tolex hardshell case made by G&G Quality Case, you'll be greeted with an instrument of timeless elegance and a delicious aroma that'll have your pulse racing
- "Holy grail" Alnico pickups
- Fast, easy playing neck
- Magnificent finishes available
- Hardshell case included
Order today and experience the power of expression this classic design can produce.
- Pickups: Two G&L vintage Alnico jazz pickups
- Body wood: Alder on Standard and all solid finishes, Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes
- Neck wood: Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard
- Neck profile: G&L #8 with 12" radius and 1 1/2 " nut-width
- Frets: Medium Jumbo; processed by
- Tuning keys: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- Bridge: G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- Electronics: Dual volume controls, one tone control
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.