- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tribute JB2 4-String Electric Bass
Condition 1 - Mint 3-Color Sunburst Maple Fretboard
- Write a Review
- #H88875 004002002 H88875004002002
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Players fond of the old adage "if it ain't broke¦" haven't played a JB-2. You see, the G&L JB-2 is all about refinement, blending "holy grail" Al...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) A bass designed with yesterday's style and today's technology.
Players fond of the old adage "if it ain't broke¦" haven't played a JB-2. You see, the G&L JB-2 is all about refinement, blending "holy grail" Alnico single-coil tone with modern Leo Fender improvements.
The JB-2's classic Alnico V pickups have tone reminiscent of the best examples from the early ˜60s, thanks to the work of Paul Gagon, G&L VP Engineering. Gagon found his inspiration reviewing original prints stored in Leo Fender's private laboratory at G&L, but that was just the start. About 30 years ago, Gagon was an R&D engineer at another company when he was tasked with finding out what was so special about the early bolt-on basses many players raved about. Gagon tirelessly analyzed many examples of what were considered holy grail basses, spending time out on the shop floor talking to builders still working in the pickup department since the ˜50s, all on a quest to discover where the real mojo was - and wasn't. What he learned from the builders matched his own engineering analysis. You see, back in the day, the actual spec of pickups coming down that old production line varied considerably. That meant coming up with the right specs was more challenging than simply following the prints, and Gagon's persistence paid off as the JB-2 serves up delicious, classic tone.
While the pickups are the origin of the tone, the JB-2 will surprise you with a clarity and sustain unmatched by old basses with their rudimentary bridge design. You see, the JB-2 features an innovative G&L Saddle-Lock bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. If you're ready to let go of the past but still love that classic Alnico tone, get your hands on a JB-2 and experience a brilliant mash-up of old-school and new-school Leo.
Various styles and colors available. Please drop down menu to choose.
Case sold separately.
- 34" Scale
- Two Leo Fender-designed / Paul Gagon-specified G&L Alnico single-coil pickups
- Swamp Ash body
- Hard-Rock Maple neck with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- Medium C shape neck profile
- 22 medium jumbo frets, nickel
- Traditional open-back tuning keys
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock bridge
- Dual-volume and master tone electronics
- Case sold separately
Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you™ll never look back.
- Neck width at nut: 1-1/2"
- Neck radius: 12"
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.