- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Bass Workshop Multi Scale SRMS800 4-String Electric Bass
Condition 2 - Blemished Deep Twilight 190839481658
- Write a Review
- K76831 005001001 K76831005001001
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
To the newcomer, the multi-scale concept may appear a bit unusual, but the biggest surprise may be how comfortable players become within a minute or ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) The Ibanez Bass Workshop Multi Scale SRMS800 4-String Electric Bass combines amazing versatility of sound control with fanned frets for improved string tension and intonation.
To the newcomer, the multi-scale concept may appear a bit unusual, but the biggest surprise may be how comfortable players become within a minute or two of playing the instrument. The different fret-to-bridge distances enhance tonality, creating a better sounding bass. Previously, these instruments were only available from boutique bass builders, but now Ibanez is proud to introduce the SRMS800 multi-scale bass at an affordable price.
The goal of the multi-scale system is to give the better tension of each string. The tension helps to create a more “alive”, open tone. On the SRMS800, the scale length is 33.5” on the G-string side, expanding to 34.5 at the E-string.
Although the multi-scale neck can appear intimidating and unnatural, nothing could be further from the truth. When looking down at the neck from the players perspective, the exaggerated fret layout seems to almost disappear and actually feels quite normal. The slant of the multi-scales ergonomically coordinate with the way a players hand angles as it moves up and down the neck, facilitating quick, comfortable playing action.
The SRMS800 is a quality instrument designed for the experienced, seasoned musician. Its Poplar burl/Mahogany body is attached to a 5-piece Jatoba/Walnut SRMS4 neck with a Panga Panga fretboard, Medium frets and custom multi-scale inlays. The Mono-Rail VS Bridge is the perfect match for a fan-fret instrument, allowing for independent positioning of each strings “mini-bridge” section to providing excellent intonation and superior string vibration transference. Electronics include Bartolini BH2-4 pickups, for a full range warm punchy tone, and a 3-band EQ w/ Bypass switch and Mid-Frequency switch for complete sonic control.
- Poplar burl/Mahogany body
- 5-piece Jatoba/Walnut neck, Panga Panga fretboard, medium frets and custom fanned inlays
- Bartolini BH2 dual-coil pickups, 3-band EQ w/EQ bypass switch, and 3-way mid-frequency switch
- Black matte hardware, Mono-Rail VS Bridge
Multi-scale basses were previously only available from boutique bass builders, but now Ibanez is proud to offer the SRMS800 4-String Multi-Scale Bass at an affordable price. Order today.
- Neck: Multi Scale 5-piece Jatoba/Bubinga neck
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Neck-through
- Scale length: 34.5 - 33.5"
- Truss rod: Info not available
- Finish: Low Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: BH1
- Bridge: BH1
- Brand: Bartolini
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Custom Ibanez
- Special electronics: 3-band EQ
- Material: Panga Panga
- Radius: 305mm
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 24
- Nut material: Info not available
- Nut width: 38mm
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Ash
- Top wood:
- Body finish: Low Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout:
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) & Mid-frequency switch
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Mono-Rail VS
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines:
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Not applicable
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Japan
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.