- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Kingston Super5 Maple Fingerboard 5-String Electric Bass
Condition 2 - Blemished Matte Black 190839887979
- L18607 005002006 L18607005002006
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MTD Kingston Super is the perfect combination of beauty and brawn. The stunning carved body and premium finishes perfectly support an incredibly ...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) Maximum tonal versatility that's a joy to play.
The MTD Kingston Super is the perfect combination of beauty and brawn. The stunning carved body and premium finishes perfectly support an incredibly powerful electronics package.
In addition to a 3-band active preamp, Michael Tobias included a 3-way mini-switch for each MM-style pickup. In the down position the pickups are in hum-cancelling series mode, which gives a big, bold, punchy sound. In the middle position the pickups are in single coil mode, making them sound bright and twangy. In the up position the pickups are in hum-cancelling parallel mode and they sound bright and sweet, with a slightly lower output than series mode. When both pickups are in single coil mode they are hum-cancelling when the blend pot is centered.
That is a lot of tonal flexibility. Michael has given you a massive pallet of sonic colors. So get yourself a MTD Kingston Super and start painting!
- Mike Tobias’ personal design concepts
- Ergonomically designed
- Carved ash body
- Dr Brown’s Burst over flamed maple cap and Matte Black finishes
- Asymmetrical, one-piece Maple Neck
- Double action truss rod
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System
- MTD Quick Release bridge, ¾” (19mm) spacing
- Twin MM-style pickups
- 5 controls : 1 volume, 1 pan, and 3-band EQ
- Mini-switches to tap pickups
- Shielded electronics compartment
- 34” scale 4-string, 35” scale 5-string
- 24 medium-jumbo frets
- Zero fret 1.75” wide (5-string)
- Approx Weight: 8.5 lbs (4-string), 9lbs (5-string)
Get a 5-string that can do it all. Order today.
- Shape: Asymmetrical C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 35 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Finish: Dependent on color
- Active or passive pickups: Switchable
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: MM-style
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: MM-style
- Brand: Kingston
- Series or parallel: Both
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: 3-band EQ
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 16 in.
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Side markers
- Nut material: Not specified
- Nut width: 1.75 in.
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Ash
- Top wood: Flamed maple
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, balance, 3-band EQ
- Pickup switch: Not applicable
- Coil tap or split: Coil tap
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: Preamp on/off
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 5-Saddle adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Pickups, Buzz Feiten Tuning System
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.