Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
PRS Gary Grainger 5-String Electric Bass Guitar with Maple Fretboard Mccarty Tobacco Sunbursttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: Mccarty Tobacco Sunburst
Shop by Serial Number:
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A signature 5-string that sounds as beautiful as it looks.
Knobs 1-2 are volume controls and passive/active switch:
Knob 1: Neck pickup volume.
Down = Active, Up = Passive If this knob is up and Knob 2 is down only the neck pickup (passive) is heard
Knob 2: Bridge pickup volume.
Down = Active, Up = Passive
If this knob is up and Knob 1 is down only the bridge pickup (passive) is heard.
If both knob 1 and knob 2 are in the up position, both pickups (passive) are heard.
Knobs 3-5 are a 3-band EQ control:
Knob 3: Bass EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
Knob 4: Mid EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
Knob 5: Treble EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
"These basses give me everything I need for recording and playing live...all the tone, clarity, power, and feel¦everything. They are works of art and great tools for working bassists." - Gary Grainger
- Shape: GG 4
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Info not available
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Yes
- Finish: Info not available
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: GG Bass
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: GG Treble
- Brand: PRS
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: Active/passive mini-toggle switch
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Info not available
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.72" (43.656mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret: 2.547" (64.691mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Flame maple
- Body finish: Info not available
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, bass EQ, mid EQ, treble EQ
- Pickup switch: Active/passive switch
- Coil tap or split: Info not available
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 5-Saddle adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: USA
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.