- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PRS Gary Grainger 5-String Electric Bass Guitar with Maple Fretboard
- Write a Review
- #J07461 00000500018250569 J0746100000500018250569
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Grainger 5 is the evolution of the Private Stock Gary Grainger Bass line. As the primary designer of PRS's Private Stock basses, Gary (John Scofi...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A signature 5-string that sounds as beautiful as it looks.
The Grainger 5 is the evolution of the Private Stock Gary Grainger Bass line. As the primary designer of PRS's Private Stock basses, Gary (John Scofield, Dennis Chambers, Frank Gambali, etc.) collaborated with many bass artists, including Wyzard (Mother's Finest) and Kevin Walker (Justin Timberlake), to create a Core PRS bass with all the character and quality of Gary's Private Stock models but with a more universal appeal.
Knobs 1-2 are volume controls and passive/active switch:
Knob 1: Neck pickup volume.
Down = Active, Up = Passive If this knob is up and Knob 2 is down only the neck pickup (passive) is heard
Knob 2: Bridge pickup volume.
Down = Active, Up = Passive
If this knob is up and Knob 1 is down only the bridge pickup (passive) is heard.
If both knob 1 and knob 2 are in the up position, both pickups (passive) are heard.
Knobs 3-5 are a 3-band EQ control:
Knob 3: Bass EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
Knob 4: Mid EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
Knob 5: Treble EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
"These basses give me everything I need for recording and playing live...all the tone, clarity, power, and feel¦everything. They are works of art and great tools for working bassists." - Gary Grainger
- Shape: GG 4
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Info not available
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Yes
- Finish: Info not available
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: GG Bass
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: GG Treble
- Brand: PRS
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: Active/passive mini-toggle switch
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Info not available
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.72" (43.656mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret: 2.547" (64.691mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Flame maple
- Body finish: Info not available
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, bass EQ, mid EQ, treble EQ
- Pickup switch: Active/passive switch
- Coil tap or split: Info not available
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 5-Saddle adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.