- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sterling by Music Man StingRay5 Classic Maple Fingerboard 5-String Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- #L00155 000001000 L00155000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Classic, Active, “SLO Special” Styled StingRay Bass.This StingRay Classic pays tribute to the “SLO Special“ Music Man StingRay bass. With its com...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A special edition of the legendary StingRay with 5 strings and a narrower neck profile.
The Classic, Active, “SLO Special” Styled StingRay Bass.
This StingRay Classic pays tribute to the “SLO Special“ Music Man StingRay bass. With its comfortably narrower 45mm nut and 9V powered Active 2-band preamp, this StingRay Classic brings an iconic look, sound and feel in all finishes.
Less Really Can Be More.
Featuring a 9v powered Active Preamp and individual Volume, Hi and Low “Cut/Boost” controls, StingRay Classic gives the player a
no-nonsense, straightforward command over the tonal voicing of this StingRay bass.
Music Man Designed Bridge.
Our Sterling by Music Man bass bridge is modeled after the heavy-duty Music Man design, and features fully adjustable and intonatable
steel barrel saddles for fantastic tone.
Classic Looks, Great Vibe.
They say looks aren’t everything, but with the classic finishes of Butterscotch and Three-Tone Sunburst, this StingRay Classic stands
out on any stage with an iconic, vintage flair.
- Select hardwood body
- Bolt-on maple 5-string neck, narrower 45mm nut, maple fingerboard
- Humbucking pickup, 9v powered Active 2-band preamp, Hi and Low “Cut/Boost” controls
- Music Man Designed Bridge
It's time to get on stage with one of the most iconic basses ever. Order today.
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Hand-rubbed oil finish
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: H
- Bridge: Humbucker with Alnico magnets
- Brand: Music Man
- Series or parallel:
- Active preamp:
- Special electronics: 2-band EQ
- Material: maple
- Radius: 7.25 in.
- Fret size:
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Info not available
- Nut width: 45mm
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Info not available
- Top wood:
- Body finish: Gloss polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: Yes
- Special switching: Yes
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 4-Saddle adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Schaller BM
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Not applicable
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.