- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Supro Huntington II Ash Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L31501 000001000 L31501000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Supro 2042 Huntington II is a newly-designed, short-scale bass combining the classic body shape of the early ‘60s Ozark model with vintage-correc...Click To Read More About This Product
Short-scale comfort with vintage looks and sound.
The Supro 2042 Huntington II is a newly-designed, short-scale bass combining the classic body shape of the early ‘60s Ozark model with vintage-correct passive electronics and sonic inspiration from the Supro Pocket Bass of the same era.
The unique Gold Foil pickups found in the Huntington bass are authentic replicas of the original “Clear-Tone” pickups found in the vintage Supro Violin, Taurus and Pocket Bass models. These high-output single coils deliver legendary, deep low-end, with very low noise and a massive, broadband sound that stays warm and balanced across the entire range of the instrument.
The Huntington’s maple neck has a smooth, black satin finish and 30” short-scale length, with a glued in, set-neck joint that provides ergonomic access to the entire pau ferro fretboard. The set neck design, premium woods and high-end hardware along with the unique, vintage correct Supro pickups make the Huntington both a world-class recording bass and gigging workhorse instrument that is incredibly easy to play; especially for musicians accustomed to the shorter neck of a 6-string guitar.
Although its scale is short, the sound of the Huntington bass is astoundingly large—boasting a tight, confident, buttery low end, articulate midrange and crisp highs. The dual-pickup Huntington II model adds a second magnetic pickup in the neck position for ultra-deep bass and huge reggae tones. The neck pickup is reverse wound for complete hum rejection when both pickups are used together. The Huntington II features individual volume knobs for each pickup. Case sold separately.
- Vintage Supro ash body design
- Set short-scale neck with pau ferro fingerboard
- 2x vintage Gold Foil pickups
- High Mass Bridge and die-cast tuners
Supro-charge your playing with style and great sound. Order today.
- Shape: C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Set
- Scale length: 30 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: Vintage Gold Foil high output
- Bridge: Vintage Gold Foil high output
- Brand: Supro
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Material: Pau ferro
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Pearloid block
- Nut material: Synthetic
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Ash
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: High-mass adjustable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.