- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
U.S. Masters Performer Series EP5J 5-String Electric Bass Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product 514294
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This American-made 5 string electric bass features U.S. Masters' Ever-Tru neck profile with conical radius fingerboard, Contoured Flex truss rod asse...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
An exceptionally well-designed instrument.
This American-made 5 string electric bass features U.S. Masters' Ever-Tru neck profile with conical radius fingerboard, Contoured Flex truss rod assembly, Compression-Set Captive Neck Joint, use of premium components and custom-designed pickups and electronics that will provide you with playability and sound quality worthy of the world's finest players.
Outstanding acoustical qualities are foundation of the EP5J US Masters bass: evenness of tone and response, extended bass and treble range, tight, solid low-end, tremendous sustain, superior detail and accurate intonation.
The U.S. Masters' patented Compression-Set Captive Neck Joint provides improved sound quality, response and structural integrity. The Contoured Flex Neck Reinforcing Truss Rod System provides a lower action with a more consistent, uniform height along the entire neck. The Truss Rod makes an extremely strong, rigid, stable neck, a huge factor in creating the exceptional tone, attack, sustain, release and damping (tightness) of a U.S. Masters. Graphite Reinforcement bars further stiffen the neck and help keep the neck rigid for players who tune down, even a 4th! Intonation is improved on the EP5J bass guitar because the neck can be set very close to flat - the distance between frets is not reduced due to the relief curvature of the neck. Easy Access truss rod adjustment at the heel. The EP5J is lightweight without compromising low-end. It has exceptional B string response and balance, and straight-line Minimum Friction headstock geometry.
The EP5J's custom-designed US Masters Soapbar pickup set provides a broad frequency response to deliver the exceptional acoustic qualities of the bass, and its proprietary Passive MultiVoice Electronics have diverse tone options.
US Masters unique Extended Uniform Neck Profile is more bio-mechanically efficient - players say it reduces fatigue, improves technique. The patented Contoured Flex Neck Reinforcing Truss Rod System provides a lower action with a more consistent, uniform height along the entire neck. The 35" scale offset compound radius 5-string - a unique design that plays so much easier than other 5-strings, you'll never go back. Well-balanced, lightweight design.
Additional features include the finest quality woods and components used throughout, custom-made in the USA Pro-Series Top-Load bridge with improved tone over high mass bridges, premium Sperzel Precision Locking tuning machines for long life, improved tuning and to maintain pitch without slipping, and Graph Tech Trem Nut for improved tuning and pitch stability.
- Body: Mahogany
- Nut: Graph Tech Trem Nut
- Neck: Quartersawn hard (rock) maple w/ linear carbon graphite fiber reinforcement
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Tuning Machines: Sperzel Locking
- Pickup Set: Dual J w/ blend control and EMG 3-band active EQ
- Hardware: Gold
- Natural hand-rubbed satin urethane finish
- Neck: U.S. Masters Ever-Tru neck with extended Uniform Profile proprietary neck shape
- Neck Joint: U.S. Masters Patented Compression-Set Captive Neck joint
- Truss Rod: U.S. Masters Patented Easy Access Contoured Flex neck Reinforcing Truss Rod System
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Width at nut: 1-5/8"
- Bridge String Spacing: 1/4"
- Width at nut: 1.8"
- Fingerboard Contour: U.S. Masters proprietary Conical Radius (Conical Radius makes it easy to play across to the low E and B strings.)
- Frets: 24 - High quality hard alloy German fret wire provides longevity and smoothness
- Bridge String Spacing: 3/4"
- Weight (approximate): 7-3/4 lbs.