- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Abdullah Ibrahim - African Piano
- Write a Review
- #K85236 000000000 K85236000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:03/03/2014;Notes:This is one of seven historical albums, mastered from original analog sources, issued simultaneously in three media for...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:03/03/2014;Notes:This is one of seven historical albums, mastered from original analog sources, issued simultaneously in three media formats - as 180 gram vinyl albums, as CDs, as high-resolution download files. Follow the great arc of music on these early ECM productions, with works for orchestra and improvisers, guitar duo, solo piano, and jazz quartet. Sometimes a musical message is so urgent that questions of recording quality are almost beside the point. Informally recorded in 1969 in a noisy club - Copenhagen's famous Jazzhus Montmartre - the flavour of this album is 'documentary' rather than luxuriantly hi-fidelity, yet the essence of Abdullah Ibrahim's communication comes through loud and clear. The listener is drawn into the robust rhythms of his solo piano style, as he re-examines the history of jazz from a South African perspective, with echoes of songs of the townships, and vamps that hint of Monk and Duke and much more. African Piano was a highly influential album, and it has lost none of it's power.;Track List:1. Bra Joe from Kilimanjaro;2. Selby That the Eternal Spirit Is the Only Reality;3. The Moon;4. Xaba;5. Sunset in Blue;6. Kippy;7. Jabulani - Easter Joy;8. Tintiyana
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.