- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
African Head Charge - My Life in a Hole in the Ground
- Write a Review
- #K71263 000000000 K71263000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:01/22/2016;Notes:The groundbreaking debut album from 1981 that plays on both the title and concept of David Byrne and Brian Eno's My Lif...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:01/22/2016;Notes:The groundbreaking debut album from 1981 that plays on both the title and concept of David Byrne and Brian Eno's My Life in the Bush of Ghosts. Built upon sparse backing tracks constructed by Adrian Sherwood, the producer invited Bonjo Iyabinghi Noah (who had studied under Count Ossie in the rasta drumming camp at Wareika Hill in Jamaica) to lay down hand percussion patterns and breaks on top, augmented by stereo-strafed effects and the occasional burst of Sun Ra-style horns. The result is a unique mixture of traditional African rhythms, dub and free jazz. Features DJ favorite "Stebeni's Theme" and "Far Away Chant", used to famously gruesome effect by David Lynch in the film Wild At Heart. Re-cut at dubplates & mastering in Berlin for maximum bass pressure. Includes printed inner with sleeve notes by Steve Barker (On The Wire), plus download card for full album.;Track List:1. Elastic Dance;2. Family Doctoring;3. Stebeni's Theme;4. The Race (Part 1);5. Crocodile Shoes;6. Stone Chant;7. Far Away Chant;8. Primal One Drop;9. Hole in the Roof;Special Attributes:DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARD
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.