- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ahmed Fakroun - Ahmed Fakroun
- Write a Review
- #K71454 000000000 K71454000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/14/2016;Notes:PMG present an anthology of Ahmed Fakroun's work. "Insanely popular across the Maghreb, name-checked in international s...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/14/2016;Notes:PMG present an anthology of Ahmed Fakroun's work. "Insanely popular across the Maghreb, name-checked in international spy novels and beloved of music adventurers like David Byrne, Libyan superstar Ahmed Fakroun is the most astounding raï-disco-electronica pioneer ever to be heard. His 1983 album, Mots D'Amour (PMG 005CD/LP, 1983) is regarded as a global fusion classic. This self-titled anthology of songs from the late '70s is an altogether mellower affair. The grooves are slower and sweeter and Fakroun's multi-instrumentalist chops on the saz, mandol and darbouka drum really come to the fore. The album includes tracks from two of Ahmed's rarest and most sought-after 7 inches. 'Nysan' has an almost west coast vibe: think Ned Doheny via Benghazi. Balearic-minded collectors will love the haunting flute runs in 'Awedny', produced by Tommy Vance, and 'Njoom Al Leyel'. There's even a touch of lilting reggae on 'Falah' and 'Yu Hussad.' Ahmend Fakroun is the perfect late night, come-down album, especially after a hot and sweaty evening in a raï club, somewhere in North Africa." - Peter Moore.;Track List:1. Awedny;2. Njoom Al Leyel;3. Nisyan;4. La Ya-Hob;5. Yumma;6. Shams;7. Ya Blady;8. Sinini;9. Summar Al Layali;10. Falah;11. Al Hob;12. Ya Hussad
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.