- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ananda Shankar - Ananda Shankar
- Write a Review
- #K74703 000000000 K74703000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/29/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing. Ananda Shankar was a Bengali musician best known for fusing Western and Eas...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/29/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing. Ananda Shankar was a Bengali musician best known for fusing Western and Eastern musical styles. Ananda Shankar is the debut album by the Indian musician, the son of dancer and choreographer Uday Shankar and the nephew of Indian classical musician Ravi Shankar. It was released in 1970 and was among the first works in the rock genre by an Indian musician. Consisting mainly of instrumental recordings featuring sitar and Moog synthesizer, it includes a cover version of the Rolling Stones' 1968 hit song 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' and a thirteen-minute Indian-style piece titled 'Sagar (The Ocean)'. In the decades since the LP's release, 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' became a popular club hit, while the album has been recognized for it's influence on world music fusion, particularly the East West styles developed in the UK. It is one of the albums featured in Robert Dimery's book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die. In 2005, his song 'Raghupati' was used in the game Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories soundtrack.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.