- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Anika - Anika
- Write a Review
- #K62649 000000000 K62649000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/08/2011;Notes:"Political Journalist" isn't a credential usually in musician's bios, but this is exactly what Anika was doing while li...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/08/2011;Notes:"Political Journalist" isn't a credential usually in musician's bios, but this is exactly what Anika was doing while living between Berlin and Bristol earlier this year when she met Geoff Barrow. The producer was looking for a new singer to work with his band Beak , and it was immediately clear they shared the same musical vision, including a love of punk, dub and 60s girl groups. Just a week later Anika and Beak (Barrow, Billy Fuller and Matt Williams) went into the studio to begin recording material. The resulting album was recorded in twelve days, live, with the four together in one room. Dub with no overdubs. The collaboration is political, trashy, dub, punk, funk... a cohesive sound, and experience in uneasy listening. In the tradition of short lived but deeply influential 99 Records and the NYC's 80s No Wave nexus, the nine songs on Anika run the gamut from experimental rock ("Yang Yang", "Officer Officer") to covers of folk ("Masters of War") and pop songs ("Terry", "I Go to Sleep"), while showcasing reverb-drenched ancient drum machine rhythms.;Track List:1. Terry;2. Yang Yang;3. End of the World;4. Masters of War;5. Officer Officer;6. Sadness Hides the Sun;7. No-One's There;8. I Go to Sleep;9. Masters of War (Dub)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.