- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Art Blakey & Jazz Messengers - Moanin
- Write a Review
- #K54479 000000000 K54479000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/23/2015;Notes:Limited vinyl LP repressing. Moanin' was originally recorded in 1958. This was Blakey's first album for Blue Note in se...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/23/2015;Notes:Limited vinyl LP repressing. Moanin' was originally recorded in 1958. This was Blakey's first album for Blue Note in several years, after a period of recording for a miscellany of labels, and marked both a homecoming and a fresh start. Originally the LP was self-titled, but the instant popularity of the bluesy opening track "Moanin'" (by pianist Bobby Timmons) led to it's becoming known by that title. The album stands as one of the archetypal hard bop albums of the era, for the intensity of Blakey's drumming and the work of Morgan, Golson and Timmons, and for it's combination of old-fashioned gospel and blues influences with a sophisticated modern jazz sensibility. A Blue Note essential, this excellent vinyl repressing is part of the Blue Note 75 anniversary vinyl reissue campaign. Key to the initiative is high quality audio at affordable prices.;Track List:1. Moanin';2. Are You Real;3. Along Came Betty;4. The Drum Thunder Suite;5. Blues March;6. Come Rain or Come Shine
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.