- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Art Tatum - Art Tatum - Ben Webster Quartet, The
- Write a Review
- #K65374 000000000 K65374000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:02/17/2015;Notes:The great pianist Art Tatum was pretty much a solo act his entire career-his rich, ornate style rarely meshing with ano...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:02/17/2015;Notes:The great pianist Art Tatum was pretty much a solo act his entire career-his rich, ornate style rarely meshing with another soloist's contributions. Which makes the 1956 recordings he did with tenor saxophonist Ben Webster at the end of his life (Tatum died a mere month after these sessions) all the more precious. On the face of it, Tatum's fulsome, baroque approach and Webster's blues-inflected, slurry lyricism would seem to be especially incompatible. The audible results definitely refute any such notion however. Like two master vaudevillians, the two swing veterans perform their musical turns expertly in tandem, with Webster's breathy, conversational lines leaving plenty of room for Tatum's filigrees and signature arpeggios. And there is absolutely no hint that the pianist was nearing his end. His piano tone is lush, his attack on point, and his inexhaustible harmonic invention raises this far above a typical jazz all-star session. The Essential Jazz Classics reissue adds five Tatum solo pieces to the original seven songs recorded with Webster.;Track List:1. All the Things You Are;2. Gone With the Wind;3. Have You Met Miss Jones?;4. Night and Day;5. Where Or When;6. My Ideal;7. My One and Only Love
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.