- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Beirut - The Flying Club Cup
- Write a Review
- #K54343 000000000 K54343000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/06/2007;Notes:US LP pressing. Six months of recording has led to the Flying Club Cup, an homage to Frances culture, fashion, history,...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/06/2007;Notes:US LP pressing. Six months of recording has led to the Flying Club Cup, an homage to Frances culture, fashion, history, and music. Two years ago, Zach Condon immersed himself in Balkan folk, absorbed sounds, scales, styles, and the sonic joys of a skeletally structured, cacophonic ensemble-and moved west, soaking up the likes of François Hardy, Charles Aznavour, and, most notably, Jacques Brel (a huge influence on both Scott Walker and Mark E. Smith), Condon has been articulating his conversational French. Most of the album was created at a nondescript Albuquerque office space, a.k.a. a Hawk and a Hacksaws practice room Heather Trost plays violin and viola on three songs. Engineering and production assistance came from Griffin Rodriguez (A Hawk and a Hacksaw, Man Man) while additional recording was done with Owen Pallet (Final Fantasy) at the Masonic church studio owned by the Arcade Fire. Within the spectacle and intimacy of the Flying Club Cup, you can hear a love letter to the joie de vivre that defines our existence. Listen closer, and you also hear the emergence of a singular musical talent-Mr. Zachary F. Condon, at present living in Paris-unbounded by cultural borders and by where his heart.;Track List:1. A Call to Arms;2. Nantes;3. A Sunday Smile;4. Guyamas Sonora;5. La Banlieue;6. Cliquot;7. The Pentalty;8. Forks and Knives (La Fte);9. In the Mausoleum;10. Un Dernier Verre (Pour la Route);11. Cherbourg;12. St. Apollonia;13. The Flying Club Cup
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.