- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Bembeya Jazz - Sous la Direction de Diaouni Hamidou
- Write a Review
- #K84247 000000000 K84247000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/09/2015;Notes:1 of 4 albums in a series that represents a unique moment in African music. Faithfully recreated from the best original...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/09/2015;Notes:1 of 4 albums in a series that represents a unique moment in African music. Faithfully recreated from the best original sources. 60 years ago West Africa was bursting with energy as first Ghana, and then in 1958 Guinea, gained their independence. In the case of Guinea her birth was sudden and dramatic as France, the then colonial power, withdrew within one month of the vote for independence, famously taking 'everything including the light bulbs'. Guinea had to start from scratch, not least in her approach to the arts which the new state wanted to modernize while still remaining true to tradition. This policy was called authenticité. Music was it's focus, Syliphone it's record label and Guinean music soon became a shining example for other emerging African nations. It even attracted artists and activists such as Miriam Makeba and her then husband, ex-Black Panther, Stokely Carmichael who, harassed by the CIA, moved to Guinea in 1968.;Track List:1. Djanfamagni;2. Almamy Mamaren;3. Dembaty Galant;4. Guinée Hety Horémoun;5. Minuit;6. Bembeyako;7. Air Guinée;8. Djamana Bara Sabati;9. Trafiquant;10. Loi - Cadre
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.