- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra - Symphony 10
- Write a Review
- #K91707 000000000 K91707000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/06/2013;Notes:Russia in the year 1953. After the October Revolution this was probably one of the most eventful epochs in the whole of...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/06/2013;Notes:Russia in the year 1953. After the October Revolution this was probably one of the most eventful epochs in the whole of the 20th century as far as social development and Art were concerned. When Stalin's reign of terror at last came to an end Shostakovich was able to realize his artistic ideas without fear of political persecution. And this is precisely the reason for regarding the premiere performance of his Tenth Symphony, in December 1953, as a gesture of freedom after years of discrimination. Shostakovich wanted his music to reflect human feelings and passions - and indeed the rugged first movement is filled with melancholy. Many biographers have identified a brutal portrait of the dictator Stalin in the strained mechanism and whip-lash rhythm of the following Allegro. The third and fourth movements take on a brighter character and are filled with song-like melody which leads to a splendid Finale. Herbert von Karajan and his Berlin orchestra made the present recording just a few years after the work's composition even today it is still considered one of the very best performances of this unique work..;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.