- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Betty Davis - They Say I'm Different
- Write a Review
- #K56345 000000000 K56345000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/29/2008;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Digitally remastered reissue of the 1974 sophomore album from Funk diva Betty Davis (not to be confu...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/29/2008;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Digitally remastered reissue of the 1974 sophomore album from Funk diva Betty Davis (not to be confused with the actress Bette Davis). in recent years, rappers from Ice Cube to Talib Kweli to Ludacris have rhymed over the intensely strong but sensual funk of Betty Davis. One can hardly imagine the genre-busting, culture-crossing musical magic of Outkast, Prince, Erykah Badu, Rick James, the Roots, or even the early Red Hot Chili Peppers without the influence of this R&B pioneer. In addition to the restoration of the incredible original cover art, the albums feature compelling and heartbreaking liner notes written by author and respected soul music scholar Oliver Wang (O-Dub/Soul Sides) and include her second interview in decades, making these essential reissues for any soul or funk-rock collection. Her 1974 sophomore album They Say I'm Different features a worthy-of-framing futuristic cover challenging David Bowie's science fiction funk with real rocking soul-fire, kicked off with the savagely sexual 'Shoo-B-Doop and Cop Him' (later sampled by Ice Cube). Light in the Attic.;Track List:1. Shoo-B-Doop and Cop Him;2. He Was a Big Freak;3. Your Mama Wants Ya Back;4. Don't Call Her No Tramp;5. Git in There;6. They Say I'm Different;7. 70's Blues;8. Special People;9. He Was a Freak;10. Don't Call Her No Tramp;11. Git in There;12. 70's Blues
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.