- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Bill Evans - Waltz for Debby
- Write a Review
- K56945 000000000 K56945000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/16/2011;Notes:Waltz for Debby is an album by American jazz pianist Bill Evans and his Trio consisting of Evans, bassist Scott LaFaro,...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/16/2011;Notes:Waltz for Debby is an album by American jazz pianist Bill Evans and his Trio consisting of Evans, bassist Scott LaFaro, and drummer Paul Motian, originally released in 1961. This was Bill Evans' first trio. The album was the fourth and final effort from the unit-LaFaro died in a car accident just ten days after the live date at the Village Vanguard from which Waltz for Debby and it's predecessor, Sunday at the Village Vanguard were taken. The loss of LaFaro hit Evans hard, and he went into a brief seclusion. When Evans returned to the trio format later in 1962, it was with Motian and noted bassist Chuck Israels. The title track, a musical portrait of Evans' niece, became a staple of his live repertoire in later years. It originally appeared as a solo piano piece on Evans' debut album, New Jazz Conceptions. It remains what is likely Evans' most well-known song, one that he would play throughout his career. This album is widely considered to be one of the best in the Evans canon, and the type of emotive interplay between the musicians that at some points seemed almost deconstructed has served as a model for piano trio play.;Track List:1. My Foolish Heart;2. Waltz for Debby;3. Detour Ahead;4. My Romance;5. Some Other Time;6. Milestones;7. My Romance [Take 2];8. Some Other Time;9. Milestones;10. Porgy (I Loves You Porgy)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.