- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Billie Holiday - Lady Sings the Blues
- Write a Review
- #K63224 000000000 K63224000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:12/10/2013;Notes:Vinyl LP repressing of this album from the Jazz legend. The Los Angeles sessions dating from 1954 offer a fresher-sound...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:12/10/2013;Notes:Vinyl LP repressing of this album from the Jazz legend. The Los Angeles sessions dating from 1954 offer a fresher-sounding Billie, but that in no way diminishes the quality of the songs recorded in New York City. When it was originally released on Clef records, Down Beat magazine gave the album a glowing review and five stars. In their review of the 78-rpm release of 'Love Me Or Leave Me' coupled with 'I Thought About You,' Down Beat said: 'What counts is the penetratingly personal presence of Lady Day.' When the album came out, there was a concert at New York City's Carnegie Hall on 10 November 1956 featuring much of this material along with readings from her autobiography. It was a sellout and despite the limitations with Billie's voice she delivered a superb performance. In less than three years, however, she would be dead.;Track List:1. Lady Sings the Blues (Side 1);2. Trav'lin Light (Side 1);3. Must Have That Man! (Side 1);4. Some Other Spring (Side 1);5. Strange Fruit (Side 1);6. No Good Man (Side 1);7. God Bless the Child (Side 2);8. Good Morning Heartache (Side 2);9. Love Me or Leave Me (Side 2);10. Too Marvelous for Words (Side 2);11. Willow Weep for Me (Side 2);12. I Thought About You (Side 2)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.