- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Blank Square - Animal I
- Write a Review
- #K68832 000000000 K68832000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:02/24/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2017 release. When squirming black mold in a dingy Bayshore, CA, warehouse became sentient, creaked ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:02/24/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2017 release. When squirming black mold in a dingy Bayshore, CA, warehouse became sentient, creaked and took humanoid form it created Blank Square and their singularly odd-punk debut, Animal I - sounding like the weirder end of Flesheaters but with a sterility that can only be contemporarily compared to Total Control's Aussie hardcore no-wave and then with a pinch of what made DNA and Mars amazing. This album is captured with plenty of concrete and sheet metal kept in the mix and a highlight towards dissonant syncopations, as if it was recorded in a empty room minus one chair and definitely down a flight of wet, cement stairs. Featuring saxophone with a mild but nauseating-at-times rippling slap delay, the band cruises on a rhythm section that sounds like they've got another house show to play tonight after this one. Rectangular in all the right places, it's uncomfortable, like sleeping in a car. For listeners who love art in their sax punk, reaching way back into California's punk history (SST would've undoubtedly dug this). There you go, weirdos.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.