- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Blue Mitchell - The Thing To Do
- Write a Review
- #K59052 000000000 K59052000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/06/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP repressing of this 1964 album from the jazz trumpeter. This LP reissue is part of Blue Note's 75th anniversary...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/06/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP repressing of this 1964 album from the jazz trumpeter. This LP reissue is part of Blue Note's 75th anniversary celebration. On The Thing To Do, Blue is joined by Junior Cook (tenor saxophone), Chick Corea (piano), Gene Taylor (bass) and Al Foster (drums). Mitchell was born and raised in Miami, Florida. He began playing trumpet in high school, where he acquired his nickname, Blue. After high school he played in the rhythm and blues ensembles of Paul Williams, Earl Bostic, and Chuck Willis. After returning to Miami he was noticed by Cannonball Adderley, with whom he recorded for Riverside Records in New York in 1958. He then joined the Horace Silver Quintet, playing with tenor saxophonist Junior Cook, bassist Gene Taylor and drummer Roy Brooks. Mitchell stayed with Silver's group until the band's break-up in 1964, after which he formed a group with members from the Silver quintet, substituting the young pianist Chick Corea for Silver and replacing Brooks, who had fallen ill, with drummer Al Foster. This group produced a number of records for Blue Note.;Track List:1. Fungii Mama;2. Mona's Mood;3. The Thing to Do;4. Step Lightly;5. Chick's Tune;Special Attributes:REISSUE
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.