- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Bob James - Obsession
- Write a Review
- #K75287 000000000 K75287000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:01/20/2015;Notes:Obsession is Bob James' first solo album for Warner Brothers after roughly ten years at CBS. James' first successful Wa...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:01/20/2015;Notes:Obsession is Bob James' first solo album for Warner Brothers after roughly ten years at CBS. James' first successful Warner Brothers endeavor had him teaming up with David Sanborn for the ubiquitous and well-executed Double Vision. By 12, James, like many other keyboardists, had begun to experiment with every gadget that came down the pike with mixed results. "Obsession" displays the often chilly sounds of the period synthesizers. The only vocal track, "Gone Hollywood," co-written by Lenny White, has good keyboard textures and plaintive vocals from Lisa Fischer and blistering guitar solos from Steve Khan. Unlike Double Vision, Obsession seems to be more unassuming. While many might be put off by the pure-'80s production values of "3am" and "Rousseau," luckily they have compelling arrangements to ward off boredom. The album's best song, "Rain," is a methodical and pretty track that is an essential for devotees of the often-maligned late-'80s jazz-pop era. Obsession certainly works better than 12 and is a suitable continuation of the style of early-'80s albums The Genie and Sign of the Times.;Track List:1. Obsession;2. Gone Hollywood Drum Programming – Lenny White Guitar Soloist – Steve Khan Lead Vocals – Lisa Fisher;3. 3 A.M. Guitar Soloist – Nicky Moroch*;4. Rousseau Wind [Steiner Ewi] Soloist – Michael Brecker;5. Rain;6. Steady Saxophone Soloist – Kirk Whalum;7. Feel The Fire
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.