- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Bud Powell - Scene Changes
- Write a Review
- #K70933 000000000 K70933000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:06/09/2015;Notes:Bud Powell was one of those very few special innovators who permanently changed the way that his instrument is played i...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:06/09/2015;Notes:Bud Powell was one of those very few special innovators who permanently changed the way that his instrument is played in jazz. Prior to Powell's arrival on the scene, pianists kept time with their left hand, stating the beat by striding back and forth between bass notes and chords while their right played melodic variations. When Powell rose to prominence in 1945, his style was a revelation. He stated chords with his left hand on an irregular basis as if he were a drummer hitting the bass drum while his right played rapid single note lines like a horn player. This became the way to play jazz piano. While Bud Powell's recordings of the 1950s could be erratic due to his personal problems, his greatest work was on Blue Note. The Scene Changes, recorded in 1958 with Paul Chambers and Art Taylor, is one of his finest recordings, featuring Powell at the peak of his powers. Powell is heard in prime form, playing one brilliant solo after another. He introduces such originals as Cleopatras Dream, Dance land and Crossin The Channel, showing that he was also a masterful composer. With it's impeccable sound and often-stunning piano solos, The Scene Changes is a must for all Blue Note collectors.;Track List:1. Cleopatra's Dream;2. Duid Deed;3. Down With It;4. Danceland;5. Borderick;6. Crossin' the Channel;7. Comin' Up;8. Gettin' There;9. The Scene Changes;10. Comin' Up [Alternate Take];Special Attributes:GATEFOLD LP JACKET, 180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.