- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Buddy Guy - Blues Singer
- Write a Review
- #K60591 000000000 K60591000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/11/2017;Notes:Limited double 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing in gatefold jacket. The album is all acoustic and dedicated to John L...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/11/2017;Notes:Limited double 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing in gatefold jacket. The album is all acoustic and dedicated to John Lee Hooker with the line, 'In Memory of John Lee Hooker. You are missed'. Not known for his acoustic work, Buddy Guy unplugs for a rare album-length excursion into folk blues. The guitarist gets down and dirty with 12 tracks that sound like they were recorded after hours in his living room or on his back porch. Guy's stinging leads are still evident as is his emotive voice, but both are less flamboyant in the unplugged setting. Accompanied by spare stand-up bass and brushed drums, Guy sounds nearly possessed on covers from Skip James ('Hard Time Killing Floor'), Johnny Shines ('Moanin' and Groanin'), Son House ('Louise McGhee'), and John Lee Hooker ('Sally Mae') among others. It's a low-key, low-down affair made for late nights, rainy days and the saddest of moods. Guy is just as convincing here, arguably more so, as on his barnstorming electric albums, making Blues Singer one of the bravest and most poignant albums in his catalog. The album earned Guy the 2004 Grammy Award for Best Traditional Blues Album.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.