- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Byron Janis - Encore
- Write a Review
- #K91811 000000000 K91811000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:12/02/2014;Notes:Encore! Works by Franz Liszt, Robert Schumann Manuel de Falla, David Guion, Sergei Prokofiev, Felix Mendelssohn, Freder...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:12/02/2014;Notes:Encore! Works by Franz Liszt, Robert Schumann Manuel de Falla, David Guion, Sergei Prokofiev, Felix Mendelssohn, Frederic Chopin, Octavio Pinto Byron Janis (piano) It is an unwritten rule of concert life, signalised by the continuous applause of an enthusiastic audience, that no good soloist is allowed to leave the platform before he has given at least one encore. Whether the virtuoso pulls a contemplative, lyrical or thrilling piece out of his hat is entirely up to him or her to decide. But one thing is absolutely imperative: an encore must be short and popular. Twelve such little gems, all of them different in their own way, have been chosen by Byron Janis for this coupling. They are all well-loved from the technically demanding Sixth Rhapsody and the frisky "Value oubliee" by Liszt, to Schumann's seemingly weightless Romance in F sharp major and his energetic Novelette with it's cascades of chords. Byron Janis displays his deft finger technique in Prokofiev's furious "Toccata" while tender sentimentality pervades Mendelssohn's "Lied ohne Worte." Pintos three sparkling "Scenes from Childhood" are played with humour and nicely round off this musical pot-pourri. Recording: June 1962 in Bolshoi Hall of the Tchaikovsky Conservatory, Moscow, Russia, by C.R. Fine and Robert Eberenz / Production: Wilma Cozart.;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.