- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Carlo Maria Giulini - Symphonies 40 & 41
- Write a Review
- #K91734 000000000 K91734000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/06/2013;Notes:Like all the works he composed during his extremely productive years in Vienna, Mozart's last two symphonies are remark...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/06/2013;Notes:Like all the works he composed during his extremely productive years in Vienna, Mozart's last two symphonies are remarkable for their ambitious and demanding individuality, despite the fact that they were written in the amazingly short space of only six weeks. Any inference to the dire circumstances in which the composer was living at the time might possibly be detected in the grave character of Symphony No. 40 in G minor. The so-called Jupiter-Symphony, however, which owes it's name to the Roman god, brims over with an endless joy of life. The powerful final movement with it's combination of fugal technique, rondo and sonata form is quite rightly regarded as a unique compositional achievement in the classical era._x000B__x000B__x000B__x000B__x000B__x000B__x000B__x000B__x000B__x000B__x000B__x000B__x000B__x000B__x000B__x000B__x000B_The Mozart specialist Carlo Maria Giulini, who only enters the recording studio when he is quite totally sure of a thing, has set down a performance here which does without orchestral fireworks and concentrates on a seemingly endless flow of melody. The orchestral playing is light, airy and unpretentious, the strings as soft as silk - what more could Mozart have wished for._x000B_.;Track List:1. Symphony No.40 in G minor K550;2. Symphony No.41 in C K551 'Jupiter';Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.