- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Carnivore - Carnivore
- Write a Review
- #K55835 000000000 K55835000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/18/2016;Notes:Limited 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing with insert. Housed in original album artwork with embossed Carnivore logo. ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/18/2016;Notes:Limited 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing with insert. Housed in original album artwork with embossed Carnivore logo. Carnivore was an American crossover thrash band from Brooklyn, New York founded by the late singer and bassist Peter Steele (Type O Negative), and was formed out of the breakup of the Brooklyn metal group Fallout in 1982. Carnivore released their self-titled debut album Carnivore in November 1985. For this album, the band spelled their names in what they thought were 'exotic' ways, Petrus T. Steele and Louie Beateaux. The band often dressed as warriors in torn clothing and spikes attached to hockey gear during their live shows at this period. The debut album was heavily influenced by the contemporary New York metal scene. It also drew inspiration from Black Sabbath and early Judas Priest. The 'post-apocalyptic' theme that dominated the first album and was carried onto parts of the second album, was apparently inspired by a dream Pete Steele had and which became the basis for the lyrics of 'Predator', the first song from the original album. The lyrical theme was then expanded on to describe human society (or the lack of one) between imaginary World Wars 3, 4 and possibly 5 (as referenced in the song 'World Wars III & IV'). Other lyrical themes included nihilism, anti-religious sentiment, cynicism and explicit but tongue-in-cheek depictions of gore and despair.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.