- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L40164 000000000 L40164000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/03/2018;Notes:Three superb girl group recordings from 1966, all with full productions and all previously unheard. The songs were writ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/03/2018;Notes:Three superb girl group recordings from 1966, all with full productions and all previously unheard. The songs were written by major songwriting talents and epitomise the classic girl pop/soul sound of the era. The A-side, 'Big House', is as perfect as this genre gets and was written by Larry Weiss, who has a string of classic pop credits to his name. Larry was also a top producer and did a magnificent job on this trio of tunes. The Los Angeles pairing of Jackie DeShannon and Jack Nitzsche wrote 'Baby That's Me' which was originally cut by the Fashions on Cameo who took a relatively mild approach to the song. It later became a cult girl group record when recorded by the Cake in 1967. This 1966 version at least matches that great waxing. The Chip Taylor-composed 'Mama's Little Girl' was originally recorded by Reparata & the Delrons for RCA in 1966, around the time of the Carolines recording. This version is harder-hitting. This three-track 7" EP comes complete with a fabulous unseen cover photo for the 60s-styled package and notes in which singer Carell Mancuso reflects on the era and the fun times she had working with Larry.;Track List:1. Big House;2. Baby That's Me;3. Mama's Little Girl
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.